In our country, when the weather changes seasons, it often creates changes in the environment, temperature, humidity, etc., which affect human health. Especially children at preschool age, if not properly protected, will lead to many infectious diseases that adversely affect health.
Prevention of seasonal weather changes
Especially in the period such as from autumn to winter, the ambient temperature decreases rapidly, the temperature difference between day and night is large, the air humidity decreases, there is little wind… have to spend a lot of energy, the resistance decreases, those who are weak or do not adapt in time will be easily infected and sick.
On the other hand, environmental conditions during the change of seasons are also very favorable for pathogens (bacteria, viruses) to develop and spread, increasing the risk of human diseases, especially diseases. such as colds, flu, respiratory diseases (bronchitis, pneumonia), diarrhea, measles, rubella, and chickenpox… For people with chronic diseases, this is also the time for the disease to easily progress to episodes. acute, more severe, especially for the elderly and children. Therefore, people need to pay attention and actively take measures to improve health and prevent diseases when the weather changes seasons.
Key measures to take
- Keep your body warm when the weather turns cold; keep children warm when riding motorbikes, when going outdoors; When working outdoors, going out at night, in the early morning must wear warm enough, pay attention to keep the feet, hands, chest, neck, and head warm.
- Avoid contact with people who are showing signs of infectious diseases such as flu, respiratory disease, diarrhea, measles, rubella, and chickenpox… Limit going to crowded places.
- Eat enough quality, ensure nutrition, and eat a lot of fruits to help the body strengthen vitamins, and improve resistance. Eat a balance of nutrient groups: starch, protein, fat, vitamins, and minerals. Drink warm water, and avoid eating or drinking foods and drinks taken directly from the refrigerator.
- Vaccination against diseases (for vaccine-preventable diseases).
- Ensure environmental hygiene, and family hygiene, and keep the house warm.
- Ensure personal hygiene, regularly wash hands with soap, and clean nose and throat daily with salt water.
- If you have symptoms of illness, you should immediately go to a medical facility for timely examination and treatment.