What is the Montessori method of education? Is it suitable for children in Vietnam? It is a topic that many parents are interested in when their children reach preschool age. The Montessori method of education is not a new thing in the global education industry, but in Vietnam, many parents still do not know this educational method. To answer questions about the Montessori method of education and answer the question of whether this educational method is suitable for children in Vietnam? Brighton Montessori invites parents to read our full article today.
What is the Montessori method of education?
The Montessori method of education is a method of educating young children that has been researched with a special process by an Italian doctor – educator named Maria Montessori since 1897. This special educational method is applied mainly to children. children between the ages of 2 and 6 years old. This is an educational method based on the unique ability of each child, allowing them to develop completely according to the child’s cognitive ability. A special feature of the Montessori method of education is to respect the freedom and to train the children to be independent within the framework that allows in the formation of the personality of each child. In addition, the Montessori method of education is also an educational method towards the natural development of each child’s psychophysics, they will have access to knowledge of science, technology, language, and math. study with special tools of extremely modern discovery and construction.
Skills are formed and developed when children have access to Montessori education methods
- Practical life skills: Children learn self-help skills (self-eating, drinking water, changing clothes, etc.), taking care of the environment (planting trees, watering plants, etc.)
- Sensory skills: Children learn with Montessori materials to develop 5 senses (sight, smell, taste, hearing, touch)
- Language skills: Children are encouraged to develop language through reading, story-telling, singing activities, etc.
- Math skills: Children are introduced to numbers and simple calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Skills to approach cultural knowledge: Children learn about history, geography, science, art…
Practical advantages of the Montessori method of education
The Montessori method of education focuses on the staged development of children from 2 to 6 years old. At each stage, children will be stimulated to develop in a natural way, without being constrained or forced to learn knowledge that is not suitable for cognition. Specifically, the process of the method is as follows:
- From 2 to 3 years old: Children from 2 to 3 years old are the perfect age for language and cognitive development, when approached with this method, children will talk more, develop pronunciation skills, Learn how to properly express emotions, be aware and aware of the words and actions of children and others. Learn to be independent in personal activities, study activities, play, eat, sleep. This is also the perfect stage for the kids to get acquainted with colors, animals, everyday objects; Learn how to correctly name colors, animals, and everyday objects. Learn to focus by listening to the teacher reading or telling stories, listening to music, playing with special Montessori materials.
- From 3 – 4 years old: This is an extremely important milestone in the formation of a child’s personality, habits and skills will be stored for their future application and development. Young children are copies of adults, so in this period, if children are educated and approached with civilization and wisdom, the future child will be a civilized and intellectual child. On the contrary, if children are educated and exposed to violence and forced knowledge, children in the future will become violent and cliché children. In addition, at this stage, children will be familiar with geometry, memorizing and correctly naming geometric types. Learn how to hold a pen and color, learn songs, learn to read stories with pictures,… Learn to concentrate by listening to teachers read books or tell stories, listen to music, play with special Western instruments Montessori method of education.
- From 4 to 5 years old: This is the most suitable period for children to develop motor skills through sports, extracurricular activities, picnics or travel. More specifically, this is considered a golden period for children to become familiar with letters and numbers, and this is the time when children have their first strokes. At this time, children will remember more knowledge, so teachers will popularize knowledge about science, geography, history with funny stories and pictures or movies to create excitement. Inspiring children in every lesson.
- From 5 to 6 years old: Finally, it is an important period for children to have all the skills and knowledge ready to go one step further into primary school. At this stage, children will learn more about the alphabet, pronunciation, strokes, structure of letters, spelling and familiarize themselves with math. Focus on training learning skills, sensory skills, communication skills, defense skills, behavior skills, independence skills, discipline skills, management skills and personal time arrangement people, traffic skills…
Thus, with the Montessori educational method, we take the child as the center, encouraging children to play and cooperate, not restricting and forcing children into any framework. Training skills for studying and exchanging knowledge in groups, training children with discipline and self-discipline, training children in orderly habits and protecting personal and public property. Create opportunities for children to have the opportunity to approach and experience more with the surrounding environment, stimulating creativity in children.
Is the Montessori method of education suitable for Vietnamese children?
As we have detailed about the Montessori method of education above, everyone can see the benefits that our traditional education method lacks. This is an educational method that is well received by the world and is considered to be highly effective for the development of children from 2 to 6 years old. Thus, this is the perfect educational method that every parent wants their child to have access to, and this educational method is suitable for any child in the world in general and Vietnamese children in particular. .
However, in Vietnam, when talking about this educational method, many parents are still quite confused, but through this article we hope that everyone will have a better understanding and have a positive view of this educational method. .
Currently, in Vietnam, there are many preschools that apply the Montessori method of education, but there are schools that only apply a few methods, not 100%, and this causes children to receive less knowledge. or skills needed to serve as a springboard for perfect growth. So, if you understand and want your children to have access to the best educational foundation, learn about kindergartens that apply 100% Montessori education method.
To know which preschools apply 100% Montessori education method, please come back and follow our article tomorrow.
Here we would like to introduce to you about Brighton Montessori Preschool – One of the prestigious and quality Montessori preschools from Singapore.
About Brighton Montessori Vietnam Kindergarten
Brighton Montessori Kindergarten Vietnam is one of the leading international quality preschool education units in Vietnam. Brighton Montessori is headquartered in Singapore and is present in 7 countries around the world, including Vietnam. In Vietnam Brighton Montessori has three headquarters in Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang and Hanoi.
At Brighton Montessori, we believe that every child learns at his or her own pace. As a result, the Brighton Montessori curriculum is uniquely designed to meet the needs of each child.
Following the philosophy of Maria Montessori, Brighton Montessori adapted a hands-on learning approach and one-on-one teaching with concrete to abstract methods for both Phonetics and Mathematics.
Our well-prepared environment is designed to complement activities and encourage children’s participation. All of our classes are well equipped and ready for your child’s learning, allowing them the freedom to explore and express themselves.
With an open communication method, a close partnership between parents and schools, and a dedicated team of principals and teachers, Brighton Montessori is steadfast in preparing each child for an education and life skills for elementary level and beyond.
If you still do not understand clearly about the Montessori method of education, or you want to consult our school. Please contact us using the information below to consult and schedule a consultation at Brighton Montessori Kindergarten.
Address: No. 2 Nguyen Thi Thap, Opposite Gate 3 of Mandarin Garden Building
Hotline: 024 7770 9889
Website: https://brightonvietnam.com/ – https://www.brightonmontessori.com.sg/